Saturday, March 13, 2010

I know not...

I am willing to concede the fact that I know very little (when compared to all there is to know). I am willing to concede that I have (on occasion) been wrong in the stance I have chosen to take. I am even willing to concede that I will (at some point) be wrong again. But, let me say this. I believe that a "conservative" view of this here world is probably the best way to get what is best for you. Notice, I did not say, "to get what you want". I said, " to get what is best for you".

I am not a republican. I will rarely "toe the line" with the republican "party". Chances are I will occasionally be in agreement with the democratic "party". I believe that the current "party" system, along with the current state of "term limits" in this country is counter-productive to the continuing advancement of the state. But, the fact is, if you don't drink, don't smoke, aren't promiscuous, don't lie and don't cheat your neighbor, you will probably (and I stress "probably") live a healthier, happier life. " That is the very definition of "conservatism".

Let me be frank for a moment. I do not believe that Sean Hannity (or his ilk) are the answer to what ails America. As a matter of "fact", I believe that what Sean Hannity (and his ilk) are all about is of significant detriment to America. He is an exclusioner. He is someone that is completely intolerant of anything that doesn't fit into his "definition" of what "American life" should be.

We are all "unique" individuals. This does not mean we have no "common" ground. I truly believe that at our "basest" impulses we are conservatives. Let me qualify that statement. As "you" relate to "you" and "yours" do you believe "you" and "yours" should ultimately be responsible for their actions? Now, don't look at this as you have been conditioned to look at it by the liberals of society (can you say Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid?). Look at it like you look at your children or how you look at your friends and acquaintances as individuals. Do you believe that they should "ultimately" be responsible for their own actions? Of course you do. We all do. We all believe that we should benefit from the positives or reap the detriments that our actions bring upon us.

I will request your pardon (my leave) with these questions. Do you believe that you should be excused from the actions that have brought you to the place you are in life? Remember, this includes the positives and negatives. Do you believe that someone else should have to pick up the "slack" for your inabilities, and therefore, on the flip side, reap the rewards for your abilities?

Just something to ponder...Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Rock said...

Lance I think you hit it rite on! so ya I'm agreeing with you.