Friday, March 19, 2010

The 95% rule...

This "imbecile" is going to expound on what my eldest sister and I refer to as the 95% rule. The 95% rule states that 95% of the population are morons/jerks/sycophants/hypocrites/whatever noun you choose to use as a descriptor for someone that displeases and/or disappoints you, ie idiots.

Now, this may sound a little harsh coming from someone as mild mannered and beneficent as you all know me to be but, it is a cold hard truth. Deal with it.

The beauty of the rule is that we all, at some point of most days, fit snugly within said 95%. Now I know what you are saying to yourself. "I" (meaning you) obviously fall occasionally into that category but how on earth could "you" (meaning me) even consider the fact that "you", in any way, fall into said 95%. And it's true, the vast (like the universe is vast) majority of the time I fit into the
0.000000000142857143% rule. If you haven't figured it out, that is the percentage of me to the rest of the 7 billion of you. But occasionally, and I stress occasionally, even this most humble author falls into said 95%.

The beauty of the situation is that now that you have been informed of the 95% rule you can alter your behavior so as to only occasionally fall out of the decent 5% of people. It is a rare (and by saying rare, let me once again tout my humility) person who can permanently reside outside of the 95% rule. But just by trying, that puts you somewhere close to breaking free.

As always...The pleasure has been all yours...Have a wonderful day!

No comments: